lecture-workshop: exchange and the transfer of knowledge in the arts and human and social sciences
Our society is facing new challenges arising from social, economic, environmental and geopolitical changes. In this context, researchers can play an active role by providing the different social actors with knowledge and skills to help them better focus and perform their activities or by generating with them the necessary new knowledge.
The dimensions of these processes of exchange and transfer of knowledge will be analyzed and, for the specific case of Humanities and social sciences, it will be shown that, in these areas, there is active collaboration with various types of social actors and through a wide diversity of mechanisms. Actions that can still improve and expand the social dimension of these areas will be suggested.
speaker: Elena Castro Martínez. INGENIO (CSIC-UPV)
1) The role of research centers in the societies of the. knowledge
2) The science-innovation relationship and the processes of exchange and transfer of knowledge (ITC). Background and evolution of the concept.
3) programs of study empirical evidence on STI in the Spanish context.
4) The dimensions of the processes of exchange and transfer of knowledge: concepts, model of analysis, examples and results, with special emphasis on human and social sciences.
5) Conclusions of the empirical work.
6) Some proposals to favor and facilitate ITC in the field of art and human and social sciences.
11:00-11:15 Welcome and presentation of the session. Dr. Pablo Pérez, director
Institute for Culture and Society and Mr. Javier Mata Rodríguez, director of the management Service of the .
11:10-13:15 The transfer of the results of research in Social Sciences and Humanities: concepts, instruments and mechanisms.
13:15 -14:00 Aperitif.
14:00-16:30 work in groups and discussion.
October 4, 2022