The Olympic Studies Centre of the University of Navarra (CEO-UNAV) was established on 25 May 2011 by agreement between the Spanish Olympic Committee and the University of Navarra.
Dependent on Sports Service , it was created with the aim of promoting interest in Olympism and the values of sport in the university community. The CEO-UNAV aims to generate collaboration links and multidisciplinarity with the different schools and Schools of the University of Navarra, as well as with Spanish people and institutions related to sport wherever the University has a presence (campus in Pamplona, San Sebastian and Madrid).
The Olympic Study Centres have been created with the intention of extending the scope of action of the Spanish Olympic Academy, by means of carrying out activities for the dissemination of the Olympic Movement with the universities where these Study Centres are present. There are currently 36 CEOs in Spain, of which only 4 are registered with the International Olympic Studies Centre, one of which is the CEO-UNAV.
The Mission of the Centre for Olympic Studies of the University of Navarra is to promote and disseminate the transformative power of Olympism and the values of sport in the university community and in society in general.
The Olympic Studies Centre of the University of Navarra aspires to be an international reference in the field of the dissemination of the values of sport through training, research and the popularisation of Olympism. The CEO-UNAV also aims to be the seed of a future university centre for sport studies.
The University's Olympic Studies Centre is firmly committed to values such as education, sportsmanship, resilience, sustainability in sport, inclusion and equal opportunities, social responsibility and service to others.
students, graduates and sports professionals in the fields of Olympism and sporting values.
the values of sport among the university community as a valid instrument to improve performance in study and professional work, as well as social relations with colleagues.
interdisciplinary collaboration agreements with the different centres of the University to study sport from the perspective of the corresponding area of knowledge .
cooperation between higher education institutions average and higher education institutions in the field of Olympism.
research in the field of Olympism following a approach multidisciplinary .
with the Spanish Olympic Academy, the International Olympic Movement and with national and international sports organisations in academic, scientific and dissemination aspects.
get to know us-unfoldable-objectives
- Comprehensive training for competitive athletes who wish to combine their university studies with sport (Sports Talent Programme).
- Organisation of sports specialisation courses, conference, congresses and seminars, in collaboration with internationally renowned and prestigious sports institutions, as well as with the different centres of the UNAV and in all of its campus.
- Collaborate in the development of doctoral theses and research projects in the field of sport and Olympism.
- Publication of CEO-UNAV research.
- Publication of books on sport and Olympism.
- CEO presence in international forums, networks and organisations.
- Creation of a Documentation Centre integrating the Olympic Library Services .
- Organisation of activities such as the Navarra Olympic Gallery, art & sport exhibitions, film cycles on the values of sport, Olympic music concerts, awards and acknowledgements, etc.
- Study for the creation of a Sports Quality Certification.
The CEO-UNAV has institutional collaboration agreements with: