Outreach Activities - School of Sciences
Date: Saturday, February 11, 2023.
Place: School of Sciences of the University of Navarra.
Classrooms: 3A02 and 3C02 of Sciences Building (Hexagon).
Duration of the test: 1 hour and 40 minutes.
Participants: Any student enrolled in 1st or 2nd year of high school program from any school in Navarre may participate.
Mariano Larraz(email@example.com). Full Professor from high school.
María Casas(firstname.lastname@example.org). Professor at high school and researcher.
Registration: Fill in the form registration form on this website.
End of deadline for registrations: February 10, 2023.
Content of the test: 100 questions subject test. The questions subject test will be distributed according to the following percentages (approximate):
- Biochemistry : 20%
- Evolution and Diversity: 10%.
- Cytology: 15%.
- Metabolism: 15%.
- Histology, Physiology and Anatomy animal and vegetal: 20%
- Reproduction and Genetics: 15%
- Microbiology and Immunity: 5%.
Participants will be offered the possibility of taking the exam in Basque.
XVII National Phase. It will be held in Barcelona, at theAutonomous University of Barcelona, from March 23 to 26, 2023.
The first four selected at the National Phase in Pamplona will enter the international phase. It will take place in the United Arab Emirates (UAE) in July 2023.
The XVI Ibero-American Olympiad will be held in Spain (city to be determined). Those selected between the fifth and eighth place in the Spanish National Phase will be selected.
Date: May 20
Time: 10 a.m.
Place: Main Library Building of the University of Navarra
Classrooms: classroom 14
Duration of the test: 1h 30 min.
Participants: student body who is studying 4th year of ESO. Must come with identification document (National Identity Card or equivalent).
End of deadline for registration: May 19, 2023.
Content of the test: 80 questions subject test on the following topics:
- Biological events that have taken place throughout the history of the Earth, atmosphere and hydrosphere.
- Biosphere, classification of living beings, ecosystems and their dynamics, adaptations to the environment and environmental impact.
- Cell, cell theory, levels of organization of the living subject , vital functions, Anatomy and function of the different apparatus/systems of the human body, health and disease.
- Biomolecules, Mendel's laws and their applications, engineering Genetics and evolution.