Research Training Program
A special program of scientific and professional training, in order to foster further research work in Chemistry
Research in the areas of Organic Chemistry, Inorganic Chemistry, Physical Chemistry, Analytical Chemistry, Environmental Chemistry...
Further requirements of the Diploma in Research Training Program in Chemistry include:
• A satisfactory performance on the program for at least TWO academic years. To evaluate this aspect, confidential reports by the assigned tutor will be taken into consideration. As a rough guideline, a student should dedicate approximately 100 hours per academic year to program activities. The Research Training Program is compatible with carrying out at least one research project at a research center overseas with which the School of Sciences has established a partnership agreement.
• Completion of the Final Year Project on a topic of original research in experimental Biology.
• Presentation and oral defense (in English) of the Final Year Project before a tribunal appointed for that purpose.
• It would be included in the official transcript of records the realization of the Research Training Program
• Payment the issuance of the Diploma.
- The Research Training Program in Chemistry does not include undergraduate courses, and its activities are not recognized or eligible for ECTS credits, except the End of Studies Project.
- Some activities or seminars specific to students of the Research Training Program in Chemistry may be organized during the month of June.
- The number of places is limited.
- Depending on the availability of places and the preferences of the student, he or she may change Department for the second year of the program.
- The diploma will appear in the European Degree Supplement section of the student's transcript.
- The Research Training Program in Chemistry is compatible with other Diplomas of the School of Sciences.
Students who have taken the Research Training Program in Chemistry have admission preference to complete research training on Master's Programs and official Doctoral Programs at the School of Sciences.
Each student on the Research Training Program in Chemistry will be assigned to a Department in the area of Chemistry at the School of Sciences, or to a laboratory, such as the Integrated Environmental Quality Laboratory (LICA).
Participation in seminars and specific activities at times which are compatible with the student's academic commitments.
Preparation and delivery of a departmental seminar (annually).
The students have to take the subject Scientific research skills (3 ECTS. 4th course, 2nd semester ), wich includes a course in scientific English (4th course) and the participation in the seminars "Frontiers in science" (3rd course).
Participate in the Conference on Research in Experimental and Health Sciences at the University of Navarra (4th course).
* The contents of the elective subject Skills in Scientific English (3 ECTS - 3rd year) (previously named "Scientific Academic Skills") are the same as the english courses taken in Scientific Research Skills (4th course).The students of the Research Training Program have to be compulsary enrolled in Scientific Research Skills in their 4th year, and they can not be enrolled in Skills in Scientific English in their 3rd year.