Do you want to be a curator?
The Master in Curatorial Studies / Curatorial Studies represents the introduction in Spain, for the first time, of an official qualification for training in a profession that is essential in contemporary cultural environments.
An innovative programme due to its high dimension internship, the excellent level of the academic staff and active professionals, the international scope of the project, the cultural outings and the internships with renowned global institutions.
This degree responds to a demand from the professional sector and provides a service to the entire artistic community with a multicultural perspective. A programme that brings curatorial training closer to new professionals in Spain and Latin America.
Why take the Master in Curatorial Studies?
The art curator, an interpreter and mediator of culture. The curator is responsible for speech and is the medium that makes art and culture present in our societies . Study and learn the day-to-day life of a museum, at contact directly with the works of visual and performing arts, with the curators, the artists, the exhibition processes and the programming. All this in the intellectual and interdisciplinary environment of the University of Navarra and with an international academic staff made up of experts and curators with long experience in some of the world's leading institutions.
International career development
The curator or curator of the programme is confronted in a critical and reflexive way with the contemporary development of culture. Graduates of the Master's in Curatorial Studies will have the theoretical and technical knowledge that will enable them to act as:
- Intellectual and operational authors of exhibitions in public or private art centres and museums.
- Independent curators.
- Chief curators of public or private institutions.
- Art consultants, advising on the creation, conservation and growth of public and private collections.
- Directors of art festivals.
- Directors and coordinators of artistic residency programmes.
- Coordinators of prizes, scholarships and grants.
-Jury for prizes and grants.
Graduates of the Master's Degree will also be able to develop their degree program as:
- Museum managers, in the management or administration of services, the design of museological projects, the planning and design of exhibition projects, the conservation and dissemination of heritage assets.
- Art critics in traditional media or in the new formats of journalism.
- Experts in the cataloguing, evaluation and appraisal of works of art, independently or acting in art galleries, auction rooms and fairs.
- Cultural heritage managers in foundations, companies and public and private companies related to Cultural Heritage.
Our students carry out internships at: Museo Nacional Centro de Arte Reina Sofía, Museo Fundación Jorge Oteiza, Museo de Navarra, ARTIUM, Bombas Gens, Palacio Domecq, IVAM, Centro Huarte, Ayuntamiento de Pamplona - Área de Cultura, Museo Universidad de Navarra, Cloister, Museo Goya, El Chico and Brownstone Foundation - Paris.
The programme has agreements, subject to availability and health status, with: The Bronx Museum, Hispanic Society of America, Museo Thyssen, Hablarenarte, Infrasonica, Fundación Juan March, Feria de Arte Barcú, The Bass Museum, Instituto Cervantes, The Barber Institute of Arts, Colección Coppel, Museo Carrillo-Gil, la Bienal de Cuenca (Ecuador), among others.