Home movies can be defined as any film made around family activities, from everyday and leisure activities (with vacations as a classic topic ) to special moments (a baptism, First Communion, etc.). They are filmed and starred by family members and to be watched later as a family without any further editing process. They begin in the twenties, with the appearance of the 16mm format, expand from the fifties, especially with Super 8, and then move to video recording (VHS) and nowadays with cell phones.
The research on home cinema in Spain seeks to study its life cycle after being filmed, from its preservation to its contemporary appropriation by filmmakers. Neglected for a long time, in recent decades it has received increasing attention, both by archivists and academics, increasingly aware of the value of this audiovisual heritage, in which everyday life has been recorded for a century. Sociologists, anthropologists, visual artists, filmmakers, archivists, and historians have all claimed the importance of this cinema, fascinated by its spontaneity, immediacy, and proximity.
The research of project revolves around three main pillars
three fundamental pillars
Preservation and management
Dissemination and enhancement
Appropriations in film and
Define the concept of home cinema.
To study their conservation processes in Spanish institutions and film libraries, in order to establish protocols to help improve archival processes.
Investigate new methods of management documentary and cataloging of domestic collections.
To analyze the ways in which domestic cinema circulates and how it is disseminated.
To study the role that these home movies have played in contemporary documentary and experimental cinema.
15 researchers from various fields
programs of study filmic
MEMBERS OF GROUP:
- Efrén Cuevas Álvarez. University of Navarra
- Lourdes Esqueda Verano. University of Navarra.
- Josep María Catalá. Universitat Autónoma de Barcelona (emeritus).
- María Ángeles López Hernández. University of Seville.
- Rubén Domínguez Delgado. University of Seville.
- Elena de la Cuadra. Complutense University.
- Julieta Keldjian. Catholic University of Uruguay.
- Ignacio Alcalde. University of Córdoba.
- Juan de Dios López López. University of Córdoba.
- Carlos Trigueros Mori. University of Salamanca.
- Nuria F. Rius. Pompeu Fabra University.
- Fernando Redondo. University of A Coruña
- Clara Sánchez-Dehesa. Elías Querejeta Film School.
- Pedro Nogales. Filmoteca de Catalunya
- Salvador Vivancos. Celluloid Memories
- Nerea Moreno Felipe. University of Castilla La Mancha.