The professor and research activity carried out by the lecturers of the School in Economics is structured around two Departments around which the different subjects and projects of research carried out by the lecturers are articulated.
This is department of Economics and the department of business.
1. train students to understand the most relevant economic issues in today's society.
2. To familiarise students with the main techniques for analysing problems and data.
3. To develop in students a capacity for analysis and critical reasoning, as well as various skills and attitudes that result in genuine personal and professional training.
1. Scientific publications. The faculty of department of Economics carries out intense research work, with publications in various international and Spanish scientific journals. The goal is that these publications have a scientific impact.
2. Participation in conferences. The lecturers at department regularly attend scientific congresses in their areas of specialisation. The aim is to improve the quality of their research by means of a constant exchange with the rest of the scientific community.
3. Research groups. Several research groups have been set up in fields ranging from the Philosophy of Economics to Macrofinance and Industrial Organisation. These groups, and others that may be set up in the future, are made up of professors from department and other centres. Their raison d'être is none other than the growing network character of activity and knowledge that scientific research is acquiring.
Furthermore, the department also participates in dissemination activities, both through collaborations with the media and the publication of books aimed at a non-specialist public.
1. To develop students' teamwork skills with people from other regions of Spain and abroad. To this end, seminars are organised with small groups of students, where case studies from the best business schools in the world are analysed.
2. promote the active participation of students in their training, awakening their interest in current issues of international relevance, with the organisation of international meetings, congresses, workshops, participation in Chairs and research projects.
3. Facilitate the contact of students with new technologies and improve the ability to work in these environments.
1. To create scientific knowledge in the different fields of knowledge in the area of organisational management.
2. Participate in research groups of international prestige.
3. Publish scientific research in the world's best journals.